Monday, July 7, 2014

Google Chrome is my rockstar!

Google Chrome is by far my favorite browser! I have to admit I am a little biased as I use Google Apps and they work best in Chrome.

The features I like most in Chrome are:

1. Syncing to any device - I just started working for Bay City ISD today. Many times I would have bookmarks on my work computer that I would have to export and save or lose forever. With Chrome I log in to my Google account and all of my bookmarks and recent searches are there for me. This is helpful when you work from more than one computer. I also save bookmarks from my iPad or iPhone using the Chrome app.

2. Accessing multiple accounts - This feature is probably designed for a computer that is used by more than one person, but I like to be able to log in to more than one Google account at a time. I have content in several different Google accounts and being able to navigate between then with a single click makes my life so much easier. In other browsers you have to log out of one account before you can log in to another one. Chrome fixes that issue with the multiple user option.

3. Apps, Extensions, Themes, Oh my! - What girl doesn't like to accessorize?!? We all know the first thing that students do when they get a new computer or device is customize the look. Chrome lets you do just that. The themes customize the look of your browser background while apps and extensions let you customize the functionality of your browser. Work smarter, not harder I always say!

I also like pinning a tab and setting default tabs to often used sites. The omnibox is also a clever time saver. I could probably send several days talking about Google Chrome. If you have never used it, go to chrome.google.com and download it today. You won't regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment